Our online magazine, published until March/April of 2012, continues to be a resource for today's teaching, sharing the work of innovative teachers nationwide. Explore the extensive archive and you will find thoughtful articles on K-8 math, science, and technology wtih links to resources.
May/June 2012 (special edition): Reptiles and Amphibians
Synergy Learning Professional Development is designed specifically for the schools and districts that we serve. We incorporate inquiry, problem solving and differentiation throughout all of our programs.
Find details and examples here.
Wood Frog Chorus
In this last, special edition of Connect, Reptiles and Amphibians, author Joan Carey shares the work of Bonnyvale Environmental Education Center. Part of their outreach with schools involves monitoring vernal pools and the wealth of amphibious life emerging in spring. These species are wonderful indicators of the health of an ecosystem. In this video, children wait in patient silence for the wood frogs to resume their quack-like call for mates.
- Real Money in the Classroom
- Samsø: What's not to love?
- Time and Money: Where are they in the NCTM Standards?
- The Classroom as Permaculture
- No time for science; no money for books.
- The Implicit Planning Opportunities of Snowdays
- What is Bill Gates Doing Back in School?
- One Way Trip to Mars: Who’s First?
- Learning Styles: Theory and Practice